Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

After install, jumbled up home screen.

Go to End

10 Posts   2503 Views

malagant

Community Member, 2 Posts

27 July 2010 at 10:14am

I just installed Silverstripe 2.4.1 and after installation, the home screen looks like this: (see attached).

Below are details to the server:
Linux
PHP Version 5.2.13
MySQL 5.0

I get 2 Warnings after adding the database and admin details (see below). I install anyways since it says "you are still able to install the software".

Warning1: Server software   ................Unknown web server
Warning2: URL rewriting support......You need mod_rewrite to use friendly URLs with SilverStripe, but it is not enabled.

Are the 2 warnings essential for a successful install?

Thanks for the help guys.

Attached Files
Sean

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

27 July 2010 at 11:16pm

I've never seen anything like this before. Which web server software package is running on the Linux machine?

malagant

Community Member, 2 Posts

28 July 2010 at 1:50am

Hi Sean... I am not sure what software package I am currently on. I will get back to you as soon as I get that info from Network Solution's customer support.

Odd though is that the page is now better... except for a line on to top that says:

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /data/15/1/131/4/1457656/user/1566623/htdocs/sapphire/core/SSViewer.php on line 321

Tried to login to the admin section and it is just stuck at "Loading..." with the Silverstripe logo. =(

WorkingSolution

Community Member, 18 Posts

28 July 2010 at 5:24am

Warning1: Server software ................Unknown web server
Warning2: URL rewriting support......You need mod_rewrite to use friendly URLs with SilverStripe, but it is not enabled.

Warning 1: may be, but the yours will work
Warning 2: is essential, but not the problem

Use this forums search function, it's pretty full of links 'bout mod_rerwirte.

When your apache2/linux skills are not good sometimes it's helpfull to make a new installation, setting the .htaccess-file to chmod 777 before. But mosty it's a stupid little mistake in .htacess or apaches mod_rewrite-modul is not loaded on your server.

Sean

28 July 2010 at 10:06am

Edited: 28/07/2010 10:14am

It is a warning, so it may mean the site may still work. You could try supressing the PHP warnings and see if the site works.

WorkingSolution

28 July 2010 at 1:52pm

hm... this is not a php-warning - it's a warning form silvertripe.

Sean

28 July 2010 at 11:54pm

WorkingSolution: I mean the warning produced by ereg_replace() on line 321 of SSViewer.

WorkingSolution

3 August 2010 at 7:48pm

Sry Sean, only looked for the configuration-stuff there.

Go to Top