Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Is ini_set required for installation

Go to End

3 Posts   1819 Views

EdP

Community Member, 14 Posts

17 July 2010 at 2:55am

I have the following disabled in php.ini for security reasons on our live server:

disable_functions = "show_source, system, shell_exec, passthru, exec, popen, proc_open, allow_url_fopen, eval, parse_ini_file, dl, ini_set"

I see this error when I run install.php but have not yet progressed further:

Warning: ini_set() has been disabled for security reasons in C:\wamp\www\silverstripe\install.php on line 19

Am I likely to have problems installing Silverstripe?

Ed

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

17 July 2010 at 11:20am

Doing a quick check on 2.4 ini_set is called roughly a dozen times. Do a global search on your project, you should be able to get away with using SS since most of the references to it are in tests or functions which aren't critical.

Sean

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

17 July 2010 at 5:53pm

Edited: 17/07/2010 5:56pm

ini_set() is used for example, to increase the PHP memory limit for SilverStripe.

I'd try re-enable this function if you can, there's bound to be a lot of places in the code that relies on it being enabled. You could get away with scouring the code base to remove these ini_set(), but I can't guarantee it's going to work properly on your server if you do.

Having exec() disabled is also probably going to cause you problems, as there's a few places it's used in the code as well.

Sean