Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Cant log in

Go to End

2 Posts   2102 Views

maxwell_s

Community Member, 2 Posts

24 September 2010 at 7:29pm

Hi all, after a few hitches, my first SS install on Win XP Xampp has worked. Except now I can't log in. I keep getting redirected to the login page. I've seen a few other posts saying the same thing, but none of the threads have solutions. These are the things I've tried;

In /mysite/_config.php

ini_set("display_errors","1");
ini_set("log_errors", "On");
ini_set("error_log", "log/silverstripe.log");
Security::setDefaultAdmin('admin', 'hunkydory1971!');
Debug::log_errors_to("log/silverstripe.log");

- making the assets folder 777

I can't find the error log ( is it relative to the /mysite/ folder, the silverstripe root, or the web document root? ), and none of the above seems to be working.

I've spent a good part of the day trying to accomplish something you'd think would be simple. Of course, being a knucklehead doesn't help.

Any help or pointers you guys can give would be much appreciated.

thanks in advance,

Duncan

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

25 September 2010 at 11:03pm

I Believe for PHP files it is relative from the sapphire/main.php file since this is the first one loaded. So log/silverstripe.log would be in sapphire/log/ perhaps? that or relative to the webroot would be my guess.

The Security::setDefaultAdmin('admin', 'hunkydory1971!'); should set the default login, try ensuring that this is after any require_once() calls (things like the _ss_environment_file may redefine that default admin and also check your editing the _config.php file for the site you're viewing. Wouldn't be the first time I've heard of people working on one server and bashing their heads as to why it wasn't updating when they were on another server!