Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Problem loging on admin

6 Posts   1625 Views

panaretos

Community Member, 1 Post

15 October 2010 at 10:48pm

I have succesfull installed the cms but when i am going to acces the admin area the logo of silvestripe remains loading.How can i fixed that?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

16 October 2010 at 8:56pm

This indicates a javascript error has occured. If you bring up your web browsers console panel (for example firefox, chrome and safari all have good ones) you should see a red javascript error that should lead you in a direction to start. Check that all the files got uploaded correctly for one thing.

Ricdiculous

Community Member, 4 Posts

17 November 2010 at 6:02am

Edited: 17/11/2010 6:03am

Hello, I have a similar problem with the Admin login, I keep seeing on the forums here 'change CHMOD to 755 on assets'. Done that, still no help. Then I see this javascript thing from you. Thanks. I see there are errors in the console panel, two main ones: Behaviour is not defined ; JQuery is not defined.

So what do you suggest I do to sort this? Which files should I upload for example? I extracted the install files on the webserver using a cpanel file manager.

Cheers

nicitainment

Community Member, 7 Posts

1 December 2010 at 9:10pm

Hey Guys,

i have exactly the same Problem. I installed the Silverstripe CMS some weeks before, everything worked fine. Now i wanted to install the CMS under a few new domains with an empty Database and a CMS for each domain.

And now i have the Problem all the Times and can't fix it with CHMOD 755. Because of the fine installation weeks before and more than one upload of the CMS i am pretty sure, it's not a reason of corrupted files.

Does anyone has one idea? I have also the behaviour and jQuery Error in my Browser.

Best Regards and thanks for helping
Nicolas Funke

Sean

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

2 December 2010 at 9:15am

Edited: 02/12/2010 9:17am

Try adding this to the bottom of your mysite/_config.php file:

Requirements::set_combined_files_enabled(false);

Hope that helps!

Sean

nicitainment

Community Member, 7 Posts

6 December 2010 at 4:01am

Thanks a lot, this single line fixed my problem ;-)

Have a nice Sunday!
Nicolas Funke