Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

New install not working!

Go to End

jseth

Community Member, 98 Posts

12 January 2011 at 9:34am

Edited: 13/01/2011 3:53am

I already have two silverstripe sites on my server, one version 2.3.8, the other 2.4.2. I'm trying to make a new installation of version 2.4.3 to upgrade my version 2.3 site, and when I unpack it and copy it into my htdocs folder, when I point the browser at it, I get a "server error The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there was an error in a CGI script." When I unpack version 2.3.8 and do the same, it comes right up with the silverstripe interface. Can someone point me in the right direction - it's been a while since I've done a new installation (last time was when I installed version 2.4.2 to upgrage/rebuild one of my sites) and I didn't have a problem with it then. I haven't done any strange changes to the server, so I can't really figure out what's going on. Can anyone help? Thank you.