Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

New install not working!

jseth

Community Member, 98 Posts

12 January 2011 at 9:34am

Edited: 13/01/2011 3:53am

I already have two silverstripe sites on my server, one version 2.3.8, the other 2.4.2. I'm trying to make a new installation of version 2.4.3 to upgrade my version 2.3 site, and when I unpack it and copy it into my htdocs folder, when I point the browser at it, I get a "server error The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there was an error in a CGI script." When I unpack version 2.3.8 and do the same, it comes right up with the silverstripe interface. Can someone point me in the right direction - it's been a while since I've done a new installation (last time was when I installed version 2.4.2 to upgrage/rebuild one of my sites) and I didn't have a problem with it then. I haven't done any strange changes to the server, so I can't really figure out what's going on. Can anyone help? Thank you.