Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

New Users

4 Posts   685 Views

oerm4411

Community Member, 14 Posts

1 March 2011 at 8:40pm

Hello,

I have just installed SilverStripe on my site and it appeared to install just fine. However, when I try to add new users, the pop-up window loads an error page (http://oermops.perfectz.info/silver/sapphire/thirdparty/greybox/loader_frame.html). I have tried to install SilverStripe in the root of my site and in a separate directory... same result. I have checked and loader_frame is on the server. I see no reason why I am getting an error!

I would also like people to use usernames rather than email address to log into the site.

Thanks.

Ryan M.

Community Member, 309 Posts

2 March 2011 at 11:06am

Does the file exist & have the correct permissions set on it and its parent folders?

Also, you don't have to use e-mail addresses to create member logins. The email field will accept both email and usernames. It's just a matter of labeling the field. On Regal Models' model websites, we do this by relabeling the email field "Username" and it works either way.

oerm4411

2 March 2011 at 11:18am

Edited: 02/03/2011 3:27pm

The file does exist. What are the correct permisstons (755,777, etc.)?

What file do I edit to change that field?

I have edited that directory and the parent directories to 777. The problem continues.

oerm4411

3 March 2011 at 4:59am

I have found the problem. It was an issue with .htaccess.