Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

lokal (win) -> remote (linux), problems

Go to End

9 Posts   4263 Views

steffik

Community Member, 15 Posts

9 March 2011 at 10:09am

hi,
i wanted to try out the process of moving my dev environment(windows7) to the life one (Debian).

Everything seemed to work, after i:
- made a clean install on the life system
- made a db dump and _manually_ changed all the lower case table names to CamelCase and imported this to the new database
- uploaded all the files i had changed (not much, mainly from theme, tutorial)

-> but after i had done this i was not able anymore to login to the backend, with some error, that jquery was not defined.

I then repeated the process, but this time i moved the silverstripe.tar.gz to my linux environment and extracted it there.
I made a clean install and everything works - i can login to the cms backend. But so far i have not uploaded anything from my windows environment.

I have seen that some very old threads (3 years ago..) were dealing with something similar issues,
there is a patch for the mysql problem http://open.silverstripe.org/ticket/2476 (I'll look into this and see if i can get it to work --> there has to be a better way than manually changing the db dump, everytime i want to move something to my live environment)

as to the other problem - i'm totally lost, as to why the admin interface is not working :(

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

9 March 2011 at 9:18pm

-> but after i had done this i was not able anymore to login to the backend, with some error, that jquery was not defined.

Check to see what files are being loaded in the CMS, if your site is in live mode it could be using a combined file for the CMS which stores all the javascript. Try reloading the admin section with ?flush=all&isDev=1 to clear any combined files which could be broken.

steffik

9 March 2011 at 10:44pm

Thank you very much for the answer. Indeed i had developed the site locally in dev mode. so i edited that in the version on my linux server (mysite/_config.php)

// The environment type can be dev, test, or live
Director::set_environment_type('dev');

Now it seems to work - but only in Dev mode, soon as i switch to life or test the admin interface won't load again.

You mentioned i should check what files are loaded in the cms --> where can i do that?

(seems to be a pretty major problem to me, if the admin interface won't load at all, because of one configuration change, and i wonder/fear if there could be other situations when this could happen - other than that i'm still very impressed with this CMS and would love to be able to use it in my next project)

biapar

Forum Moderator, 435 Posts

10 March 2011 at 12:14am

Pay attention...

For Linux are different file if named File or file ( F & f ) ...

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

10 March 2011 at 11:39am

Now it seems to work - but only in Dev mode, soon as i switch to life or test the admin interface won't load again.

This would inicate to me it's an issue around the combined files (which is pretty common) delete the combined files in assets/_combined_files and reload the admin or disable it completely using this in your config

Requirements::set_combined_files_enabled(false);

steffik

20 March 2011 at 4:41am

@Willr: Thank you very much for the answer! :) I'm sorry it took me so long to answer

i tried this now and so far it seems to work :)

Requirements::set_combined_files_enabled(false);
Director::set_environment_type('live');

@biapar: i don't really understand which files you are referring to -.-

steffik

24 March 2011 at 5:09am

I just went back to the other problem, MySQL CamelCase between Windows and Linux:

in my my.cnf: i have set lower_case_table_names = 2

and I'm using Version 2.4.5 of SilverStripe so it seems the patch from http://open.silverstripe.org/ticket/2476 has already been integrated. But whenever i run dev/build?flush=1 after imported the mySQL dump - nothing happenes. My db also uses backticks so that can't be the reason why it doesn't work i guess.

The last person to comment the fix said:

"...Seems that 'checkAndRepair' tables ONLY works when you install silverstripe NOT after you have installed it... following?

This means that I have to copy my local 'windows' database BEFORE I install silverstripe, it dosn't work if you install and then copy the database... Is this correct? Its a bit misleading with Blynx's fix and post as he says you can just run a dev/build?flush=1 but doing that won't work if you have already installed...."

Is this really true?
and does this mean that it i have a development environment on Windows and productive Server on Linux that i always have to change the DB Code by hand, anyways? (ok, well i guess i could try to write myself a php script that does that)

(deleted)

Community Member, 473 Posts

24 March 2011 at 7:55am

If you wipe the database before importing your local copy, it should fix the case on the tables. If you don't, the tables sapphire looks for are already there.

Go to Top