Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

tmp directory not writable?

2 Posts   1317 Views

arthurdent

Community Member, 167 Posts

10 March 2011 at 2:29pm

Hi all. Just attempting my third SilverStripe install on a server (yes, I'm a newb). Have not had any problems before but now I'm getting the following:

[1]User 't1trigirl' needs to be able to write to this file:/var/tmp//silverstripe-cache

The file is currently owned by 'jcaseley'. There is no user-group that contains both the web-server user and the owner of this file. Change the ownership of the file, create a new group, or temporarily make the file writeable by everyone during the install process.[/1]

Can anybody tell me where /var/tmp//silverstripe-cache would be? And who is this 'jcasely' anyway?

Attached Files
JasonR

Community Member, 2 Posts

17 March 2011 at 10:03pm

Hi

"jcasely" is just another user who probably has created a Silverstripe installation before you, and got rights to that folder.

Heres a fix. Hope it works!

Create a file called "_ss_environment.php" in your root Silverstripe folder.

Put the following in there:

<?php

define('TEMP_FOLDER', '/home/<your cPanel username>/www/silverstripe-cache');

?>

I have this setup on [url]http://www.webslice.co.nz/[/url] hosting (based in NZ), they seem to be using Linux + cPanel. It's working well for me.

Jason