Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Module Install

Go to End

4 Posts   2150 Views

ChurchDude

Community Member, 19 Posts

22 June 2011 at 4:09pm

I have installed Silverstripe on Ubuntu running apache. I am unable to get any module to install. Can anyone advise as to the ubuntu configuration to get modules to install?

Stevie

Community Member, 5 Posts

23 June 2011 at 1:53am

What do you mean that you can't get a module to install? Can we get more information? Errors etc?

Have you copied the module into the base of your silverstripe install (i.e. copied a "uploadify" directory into "silverstripe_site" directory) and then run /dev/build on your web server? (for example http://localhost/silverstripe_site/dev/build)?

ChurchDude

Community Member, 19 Posts

24 June 2011 at 12:28am

I do not have a /dev/build directory on the silverstripe install.

Is there online instructions on how to install a module?

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1899 Posts

24 June 2011 at 12:53am

Edited: 24/06/2011 12:54am

It's doesn't matter that you don't have a "dev/build" folder silverstripe uses URL rewriting so it always passes the url to main.php and the url is used as arguments to it. To see a full list of "dev" stuff goto yourstie.com/dev (you will need to login in).

As for the module, they normally come with build instructions - you can watch out for green lines in the results of a dev build, these show the first time something is added (other stuff is highlighted also).

Not often a module with download as "modulename-r943298" (or something) but if you browse the code you'll see that it might depend upon it being in a folder named "modulename" without the extra stuff. the module should have install instructions. See this for a nice info blast - http://vimeo.com/16842606 - it contains a fresh install of ss and a module.

Lastly this section is for installation of silverstripe, for any issues relating to modules I advise positing in the "All other modules" section.