Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Documentation for moving a site?

Go to End

4 Posts   1192 Views

Sharyn

Community Member, 3 Posts

23 September 2011 at 1:42pm

I've been searching for a while with no luck, I'm a new user to Silverstripe.
I don't usually use prebuild CMS solutions these days but a friend approached me to move a system for her, from one server to another and it happens to be Silverstripe, so I've been figuring it out for her.

The site has moved over fairly smoothly as far as I can tell so far, other than a small issue with the images on her site not showing up now.
The links look to be correct (it's looking in the right place) but it seems to be not finding them.

What should the CHMOD on the assets directory be? 777? Or something else?

Also, is there a specific document to guide you through moving servers?
Any advice, gratefully accepted as potentially there is a step I've missed somewhere being that I don't know this software at all!

Process was fairly standard, site backup, db backup, upload files, upload db to new db, edit config file accordingly, CHMOD assets directory.

Sharyn

23 September 2011 at 5:57pm

hmmm, okay, I'm also seeing this error at the top of the Admin side;

Deprecated: Function ereg_replace() is deprecated in /home/misschie/public_html/sapphire/core/ManifestBuilder.php on line 310
Deprecated: Function ereg_replace() is deprecated in /home/misschie/public_html/sapphire/core/ManifestBuilder.php on line 310

What does that mean?

Ryan M.

Community Member, 309 Posts

24 September 2011 at 5:24pm

You pretty much did a textbook migration so everything sounds right. The deprecated function sounds like you might be using an outdated module. Upgrade all the modules if possible.

Sharyn

25 September 2011 at 12:08am

Well to be honest, I've not done a thing.

I submitted a question to the hosting company who adjusted a few settings which seem to have cleared those up.

"PHP is configured so that it's not necessary to set permissions on folders any higher than 755 or files any higher than 644. I corrected the permissions on the site."

was the response I got and now the site seems to be fine. Images are showing and the error has gone.

So it appears to have been a permission issue.