Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

/dev/build not affecting database

Go to End

4 Posts   3353 Views

Lazarus404

Community Member, 72 Posts

19 October 2011 at 9:16pm

Hey guys,

I have a SilverStripe install which is up and running and works great. I've ported the database across and all is well. My problem, however, is with /dev/build. If I create any updates for the site and run /dev/build?flush=1, I get a list of changes to the site as expected in green or blue, but the updates aren't actually happening. I can rerun /dev/build?flush=1 as many times as I like and see the same updates every time, but no changes to the database are being made.

Does anyone know what might be the cause? It doesn't appear to be the database user.

Thanks,
Lee

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

20 October 2011 at 8:41pm

Do you see "Database built successfully" at the bottom of the page?

Lazarus404

Community Member, 72 Posts

20 October 2011 at 9:17pm

Yes. It all looks normal, but no structural changes are actually made. SilverStripe has no issue with adding, updating or deleting data, though.

Lee

TDNP

Community Member, 19 Posts

23 February 2013 at 7:04am

Was there ever a solution to this problem? I have recently made changes to one of my page types, uploaded the file to the server and ran dev/build?flush=1 and dev/build?flush=all with no success. The build completes successfully but doesn't update the database. Then if I attempt to access one of the pages that would be affected in the admin area, I get a grey screen that simply says "There has been an error."

SilverStripe 2.4.5 I think.