Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Problem install on MS SQL SERVER

Go to End

3 Posts   2232 Views

Christof

Community Member, 1 Post

21 February 2012 at 10:19pm

Hi

Hope, someone can help me !

The situation is:
Windows 2008 Server with SQL Server 2008
I can start the installation.php - All Requirements pass.
After a few seconds, I receive a fatal error:

I am now running through the installation steps (this should take about 30 seconds)
If you receive a fatal error, refresh this page to continue the installation
• Setting up 'mysite/_config.php'...
• Setting up C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Silverstripe\mysite/_config.php
• Setting up 'web.config' file...
• Setting up C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Silverstripe\web.config
• Building database schema...
Couldn't run query (22007, 242, [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]Bei der Konvertierung eines varchar-Datentyps in einen datetime-Datentyp liegt der Wert auáerhalb des g�ltigen Bereichs.01000, 3621, [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]Die Anweisung wurde beendet.): UPDATE "SiteTree" SET "ClassName" = 'Page', "ShowInMenus" = '1', "ShowInSearch" = '1', "Status" = 'Published', "CanViewType" = 'Inherit', "CanEditType" = 'Inherit', "Title" = 'Home', "Content" = '<p>Welcome to SilverStripe! This is the default homepage. You can edit this page by opening <a href="admin/">the CMS</a>. You can now access the <a href="http://doc.silverstripe.org">developer documentation</a>, or begin <a href="http://doc.silverstripe.org/doku.php?id=tutorials">the tutorials.</a></p>', "URLSegment" = 'home', "Sort" = 1, "HasBrokenLink" = '0', "HasBrokenFile" = '0', "ExtraMeta" = null, "LastEdited" = '2012-02-21 09:44:50', "Created" = '2012-02-21 09:44:50', "Version" = 1 where "ID" = 1: [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]Bei der Konvertierung eines varchar-Datentyps in einen datetime-Datentyp liegt der Wert auáerhalb des g�ltigen Bereichs.; [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]Die Anweisung wurde beendet.
Line 620 of Database.php

I understand that there is a problem with the date-format.
The installation is trying to write an YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS Format to the Field “LastEdited” and “Created” and receive an error.

What I think is:
Can I change the Date-Format to “DD-MM-YYYY HH:MM:SS” so the the installation will be finish and Silverstripe will run ?
I can´t change the Date–Format on my SQL Server.

Christof

hive.net.au

Community Member, 40 Posts

25 February 2012 at 4:09pm

Hi Christof

We have done several SilverStripe 2.4.6, Windows amd MSSQL installs recently. One went very sucessfully, another did not go so well due to being unfamilair with the environment, instead of installing manually we ended up using the windows installer. This seemed to resolve the issues we had both with IIS and MSSQL. If you have access could be worth the try. http://www.silverstripe.org/stable-download/

Otherwise could you let me know what version of SS you are trying to install with? And if it is SQL Server 2008 R2?

chiratoss

Community Member, 1 Post

30 March 2012 at 2:58am

Try to change the default language from German to English in the Settings of your MSSQL Server. I run into the same issues here and fixed it this way.