Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Theme woes

Go to End

3 Posts   1012 Views

Bikerboy

Community Member, 3 Posts

17 April 2012 at 6:33am

Silverstripe would appear to be a great advance on a couple of other CMS's I have tried but I have already hit a couple of snags.

The first is that I the CMS link at the bottom of the page does not work and I can't seem to get back to page that allows me to set the theme. I have uploaded the 'Highway' theme and tried to install it but all I have now for my pains is this -

http://ogradydrivertraining.com/stripe/limerick-courses/

I did clear the cache and alter the code as directed, or made the attempt anyway.

If I can get past this little hurdle then I'm sure I can get moving again but at the moment I'm facing something of a blank wall.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

17 April 2012 at 8:22pm

As it says 'Generated with the default ContentController.ss template' which means it cannot find your theme. Make sure you spelt your theme name correct, the same as the name of the folder in your themes folder, same case, same everything. Then make sure themes/yourthemename/templates/Page.ss exists and is readable by your webserver.

Bikerboy

Community Member, 3 Posts

18 April 2012 at 8:26pm

Hi Will

Thanks for the response, I started right from the beginning again by reinstalling Silverstripe totally and working through the stages. Not quite sure what the sticking point was before but there are a couple of items which new/future users might find it useful to note.

1. The Highway theme unzips as a directory called 'highway' in which there is a sub directory also called 'highway'. It's this sub directory which needs loading into the themes folder on the server.

2. When flushing the cache you need to append '?flush=1' to the url and directory path. ie 'www.domainname/stripe?flush=1' not just the URL alone as instructed in the installation notes.