Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

SS3 silverstripe-cache problems

6 Posts   1606 Views

Futureweb

Community Member, 233 Posts

14 June 2012 at 12:32pm

Hi,

I'm running multiple sites on my VPS, and getting problems with "User 'xxxx' needs to be able to write to this file:
/tmp/silverstripe-cache. The file is currently owned by 'yyyy'"

in ss2, I would solve with by putting a new folder 'silverstripe-cache' into each websites public_html folder - along side the SS files.

However, in SS3 this doesn't seem to work...

Any suggestions?

Jon

bobdylansbeard

Community Member, 4 Posts

27 June 2012 at 12:14am

I have the same problem Jon. It seems the old trick of creating a silverstripe-cache no longer works.
Anybody???
Paul

bobdylansbeard

27 June 2012 at 7:42pm

To get it installed, the best solution I could come up with was to create the silverstripe-cache directory in root as normal, giving 777 permission and then to change line 725 in framework/dev/instal/install.php5
from - $ssTmp = "$sysTmp/silverstripe-cache";
to - $ssTmp = "/silverstripe-cache";

Not pretty but at least it got me up and running.
Friendly URLs appeared not to be working after install as I was redirected to an index.php? page but actually were, and all seems fine.

Craftnet

Community Member, 58 Posts

28 June 2012 at 4:27pm

The latest version of the SS system does not require SilverStripe-cache (for me not see any error).

But I have a problem such as your @bobdylansbeard
"Friendly URLs Appeared to be not working after install as I was redirected to an index.php? Page but were Actually, and all Seems fine."

Now I can not do anything because it pops up a 404 error if it does not give the address index.php

Sorry for my bad English

bobdylansbeard

28 June 2012 at 5:22pm

If SS3 does not reuire silverstripe-cache then why does the installation page tell me it requires write access to it?
Your "friendly urls not working" is an unrelated problem. You'll find a lot of existing help on that in this forum.

_Vince

Community Member, 162 Posts

3 February 2014 at 10:28am

Thanks, BobDylansBeard, that came in handy.