Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Strange behavior in CMS left column - ajax issue?

Go to End

2 Posts   1250 Views

dbenton

Community Member, 23 Posts

22 June 2012 at 5:36am

Hello,

I'm experiencing some weird behavior, and I've run out of debugging avenues. I'm hoping someone that knows the CMS well can offer some guidance. Steps to reproduce:

• Fresh install of Silverstripe 2.4.7 (no modules, rm -rf temp files)
  • Click on any page in left column
  • Spinner appears in left column and "Loading..." appears to the left of the publish buttons, but content never loads
  • On reloading the page, the editor for the page that I clicked on loads, but I am still unable to navigate to other pages.

I have installed Silverstripe on this host numerous times without this issue. I can copy the files and database and the installation runs correctly on my local machine. On clicking the page in Left, console says 'Refused to set unsafe header "Connection"'. I'm using Chrome 19. I looked up that issue in relation to Silverstripe, but didn't find a solution.

Any ideas?

-David

dbenton

Community Member, 23 Posts

25 June 2012 at 7:16am

Upgrading from PHP version 5.2 to 5.3 seems to have solved this problem.

Included in case someone else is Googling similar or related issues: Before upgrading PHP, I also experienced what looked like growing top and bottom borders on the currently selected page in the left column tree view. After inspection, the growing borders turned out to be perpetually nesting spans (being added by a script), each with a 1px top and bottom border.