Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Release Candidate - Friendly URLs error

5 Posts   773 Views

kylehudson00

Community Member, 22 Posts

24 June 2012 at 8:10pm

Hi All,

Just tried installing an instance of SilverStripe 3 release candidate on my local webserver. I have several 2.4.x installations running perfectly, with friendly URLs working. All requirements passed on the install screen (including URL rewriting), however during the installation I get the following error:

"Checking that friendly URLs work...
Friendly URLs are not working. This is most likely because a rewrite module isn't configured correctly on your site. You may need to get your web host or server administrator to do this for you:
- mod_rewrite or other rewrite module is enabled on your web server
- AllowOverride All is set for the directory where SilverStripe is installed"

AFAIK, mod_rewrite is enabled, because my other SS sites are still running fine, and my server did pass the requirements check. Any thoughts as to what could be causing this? Re: the second option, "AllowOverride All", could someone explain what this is and how to enable it?

Many thanks.

kylehudson00

27 June 2012 at 1:54am

Well, I reinstalled MAMP, and tried with Silverstripe 3 RC2. Same thing. Any thoughts?

Guy Van Bael

Community Member, 36 Posts

27 June 2012 at 2:14am

Hi,

Until yesterdag, a lot of people experienced the same problems.
Get the latest builds (cms, framework, installer) from github and installation will succeed.

https://github.com/silverstripe

kylehudson00

27 June 2012 at 1:10pm

Thanks very much for the reply!!! Is the "Master" branch the latest? If so, unfortunately I'm still getting the same problem. I might just try again in a few days.

kylehudson00

27 June 2012 at 2:30pm

Fixed here: https://github.com/silverstripe/sapphire/commit/6ef4f9ad3fafb3ecce93bf6f49270cf6960ce597

Now working fine. :)