Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Installing SilverStripe

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

installing silverstripe 3.0 error

Go to End

25 Posts   8647 Views

steve_nyhof

1 July 2012 at 4:24pm Community Member, 224 Posts

I need some help getting 3.0 installed on a shared server.

everything is cleared on the install.php page, but when I click the Install Silverstripe button, I get this error...

Warning: require_once(zend_translate_railsyaml/library/Translate/Adapter/RailsYAML.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/aliyswor/public_html/framework/i18n/i18nRailsYamlAdapter.php on line 3

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'zend_translate_railsyaml/library/Translate/Adapter/RailsYAML.php' (include_path='/home/aliyswor/public_html/framework:/home/aliyswor/public_html/framework/parsers:/home/aliyswor/public_html/framework/thirdparty:.:/usr/lib/php') in /home/aliyswor/public_html/framework/i18n/i18nRailsYamlAdapter.php on line 3

Seems the zend... is missing - please help!
Thank you,
Steve

Attached Files
steve_nyhof

1 July 2012 at 6:15pm Community Member, 224 Posts

These are the files the require_once is looking for

require_once 'Zend/Translate.php';

require_once 'zend_translate_railsyaml/library/Translate/Adapter/RailsYAML.php';

This folder or files do not exist in the SS 3.0 install

Silversurfa

1 July 2012 at 11:10pm (Last edited: 2 July 2012 9:29pm), Community Member, 2 Posts

Same error here (SS-3 installation in subfolder »silver«) on shared server; installation works local with MAMP:

Setting up 'mysite/_config.php'...
Setting up /var/www/virtual/knud/html/silver/mysite/_config.php
Building database schema...
Warning: require_once(zend_translate_railsyaml/library/Translate/Adapter/RailsYAML.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/virtual/xxxxx/html/silver/framework/i18n/i18nRailsYamlAdapter.php on line 3 Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'zend_translate_railsyaml/library/Translate/Adapter/RailsYAML.php' (include_path='/var/www/virtual/xxxxx/html/silver/framework:/var/www/virtual/xxxxx/html/ silver/framework/parsers:/var/www/virtual/xxxxx/html/silver/framework/thirdparty:.
:/package/host/localhost/php-5.3.10-3/lib/php') in /var/www/virtual/xxxxx/html/silver/framework/i18n/i18nRailsYamlAdapter.php on line 3

Karin

6 July 2012 at 11:19pm Community Member, 1 Post

I had the same error, it seemed that the files which silverstripe was looking for were there, but with a .ph extension instead of the php extension. So if you locate all files in: ..\framework\thirdparty\zend_translate_railsyaml\library\Translate and it subfolders and change the extension the installation should work again!

Silversurfa

7 July 2012 at 11:10pm (Last edited: 7 July 2012 11:10pm), Community Member, 2 Posts

Hello Karin, thats it! Al file suffixes in
…/framework/thirdparty/zend_translate_railsyaml
are corrupted. After correcting them installer is working.
Thank you!

bod

10 September 2012 at 6:34am Community Member, 72 Posts

This error is still occurring with the latest download of SS 3.0.1 !! Would someone from the dev team please rename these files to the correct extension otherwise it's going to put people off upgrading or using Silverstripe 3.0.1....

Sean

26 September 2012 at 9:55am (Last edited: 26 September 2012 9:55am), Forum Moderator, 921 Posts

Hi everyone,

We're looking into this.

It's a bit strange, because using "tar -xzf SilverStripe-cms-v3.0.2.tar.gz" doesn't produce the problems with broken extensions on my Ubuntu 11.04 server.

Could affected people please let me which OS and version they are installing SilverStripe on, and how they extracted the files and uploaded them to their servers, including software used to do so, e.g. 7zip.

My initial thoughts are that we're hitting some filesystem limit, as the path can get extremely long for the thirdparty files.

Thanks,
Sean

Liam

26 September 2012 at 11:41am Community Member, 470 Posts

Using os x 10.8.2

Downloaded from the download page, extracted on my Mac with the unarchiver. Zipped up framework/cms and uploaded those to the server.

Go to Top