Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

"I couldn't find a database server..."

Go to End

10 Posts   5812 Views

trylobit

Community Member, 4 Posts

26 July 2012 at 10:56am

Hi!

This is my first SilveStripe installation and I ran to an obstacle.
I'm putting all the information about the database correctly, yet I am getting an error.
I've tried also sql.ats-studio.nazwa.pl:3307, but it doesn't work (that's what I had to do to make it work when I tried out joomla).

Please help me.

Thank you in advance.
Andrzej

trylobit

26 July 2012 at 10:53pm

Now I changed the address, and I am getting this:

I couldn't find a database server on 'ats-studio.nazwa.pl:3307': Unknown MySQL server host 'ats-studio.nazwa.pl:3307' (2)

trylobit

27 July 2012 at 1:35am

OK. I sorted that out. It seems that Silver Stripe doesn't like MySQL 5.5, so I created a database in MySQL 5.0.

zenmonkey

Community Member, 545 Posts

27 July 2012 at 7:34am

Can you clarify which version of 5.5 you were using, Locally I'm running 5.5.20 while my server is 5.5.18, SS3 works on my local machine and not the web server. I don't know if its the SQL version.

trylobit

27 July 2012 at 7:41am

I don't know exactly, it just says MySQL 5.5.
I asked tech support and they said that it looks like it has a problem with the port on MySQL 5.5.
I don't know anything about MySQL so I can't say more than that :)

RichardH

Community Member, 8 Posts

21 September 2012 at 11:06pm

I have landed on this discussion looking for information about the compatability of SilverStripe with My SQL 5.5.

I look after the content and do my best to look after the technical side of a website built on SilverStripe 2.3.7. We have received notification from our webhosts - digitalpacific.com.au - that they will be upgrading the webserver to My SQL 5.5 from My SQL 5.0. While their preliminary testing doesn't indicate that there will be any problems for our website, they have asked everyone who has a website hosted on the particular webserver to check that our websites are fully compatible with My SQL 5.5.

I have no idea:
a) whether it is
b) where to start looking

so I am desperately hoping that someone on this forum can help me. I don't particularly want to go through the drama of upgrading the website to a newer version of SilverStripe - doing that is really way beyond my ability to do so. And of course I don't want the website to suddenly stop working come the middle of October!

Your advice is sorely needed, please.

regards
Richard

Sean

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

25 September 2012 at 4:21pm

Edited: 25/09/2012 4:23pm

MySQL 5.5 should be fine. I've tested it on SilverStripe 2.4.x and 3 and haven't encountered any problems.

I haven't tested it on a shared host, however. My testing has been MySQL 5.5 running on my own dedicated Ubuntu Linux machine.

I assume it should work as there aren't major differences between 5.0, 5.1 and 5.5 in the way that SilverStripe uses the database.

Sean

RichardH

Community Member, 8 Posts

25 September 2012 at 4:25pm

thank you for your advice, Sean.

Richard

Go to Top