Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Installing New SilverStripe 3.0.1 (Stable) on Wamp Server 2.2E

Go to End

10 Posts   8927 Views

JohnCo

Community Member, 5 Posts

3 August 2012 at 12:39pm

Read really good things about SilverStripe.

Decided to install it, and try it. Dowloaded 3.0.1 CMS stable version and installed it on Wamp 2.2E (Apache 2.2.22, PHP 5.4.3, mySQL 5.5.24), on Windows XP SP3.

ISSUES: 1) Started to create/modify "pages", and NO FIELD for "Content", under "Page Name"... "Navigation label".
2) Created a page under "About us" (i.e. "What We Do"), and pressed "save DRAFT". Browser went to the "site", and showed a page under "About Us", but with name "New Page" (?). I was expecting a "Waht We Do" page name under "About Us".
3) On the left side of the screen (i.e. "Pages", "files", "settings" and so on), tried to click on another tab (e.g being in the "page" part, cliked on "settiings" but it would not go there. The only way was to "refresh" the page.

Not expecting these problems for a brand new installation on a clean wamp installation (there is nothing else there). Database permissions?... Help!... would like to give SilverStripe a BIG try. :)

Installation without major problems (fixing the "fileinfo.dll" message, and activating Apache's module "rewrite_module". Again no complaints from the SilverStripe installer (install.php I believe).

John Correa
Kerikeri NZL

Attached Files
JohnCo

4 August 2012 at 9:48pm

Edited: 04/08/2012 9:50pm

Found the problem.

The url where "pages" modifications, contents not showing, and left tree not working properly:

"http://localhost/silverstripe/index.php/admin/pages" <<-- index.php! (1).

URL working properly:

"http://localhost/silverstripe/admin"

Not sure why I had index.php in there...

Many thanks, JCo.

Attached Files
jak

Community Member, 46 Posts

4 August 2012 at 10:08pm

index.php is inserted into the links if silverstripe could not detect mod_rewrite during the installation.

DesignerX.com.au

Community Member, 107 Posts

6 August 2012 at 8:28am

Hi:
If you having problem with Wamp because its on windows , i have setup a Ubuntu 12 Server + Gui on a Virtual Machine which has Lamp + webmin ready ! so if you need a copy of this server let me know ( I just post here, I subscribed ).
GL

JohnCo

6 August 2012 at 2:59pm

Thank you DesignerX,
The problem was not Windows (or WAMP), it was the URL.

After using the "correct" URL (i.e. w/o "index.php" in the middle), everything is working fine and Dandy!

So I am having fun here :)

schlydi

Community Member, 2 Posts

8 August 2012 at 8:00pm

Hi there,

I'm new here using SilverStripe - I had the same problem and without the index.php it works fine but how do I use now links like "href=about_us" if my installation thinks mod_rewrite is not enabled (which is not true...) I use XAMPP 1.8.0

Thanks,

L

nikrolls

Community Member, 8 Posts

10 August 2012 at 12:24pm

I've had the same problem on all my Windows dev machines, affecting Wampserver, XAMPP and EasyPHP. mod_rewrite doesn't seem to be detected on the home page (all others pages are fine).

We've discovered that this issue doesn't occur on Apache version 2.2.21 (bundled with Wampserver 2.2d) or older. If you downgrade then you shouldn't have an issue.

You can download Wampserver 2.2d at http://sourceforge.net/projects/wampserver/files/WampServer%202/WampServer%202.2/

schlydi

Community Member, 2 Posts

10 August 2012 at 7:35pm

Thanks - all's working perfect now!! :-)

Go to Top