Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

SS 3.0.2 CMS error - links don't work

Go to End

25 Posts   6530 Views

IDOLYZ

Community Member, 40 Posts

23 November 2012 at 12:43pm

I've just installed v3.0.2 and amongst the other usual bugs, none of the links in the CMS work. If I right click any of the links and open in new window they work though.

Anyone else had this problem? How do I fix it?

Thanks,
Ben

IDOLYZ

23 November 2012 at 12:54pm

Also, if I do open a link and click submit, nothing happens... the loading symbol just spins.

Sean

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

23 November 2012 at 2:25pm

Hi there,

If you open the Console in Developer Tools in Chrome, are there any errors showing, and if so, what are they?

Thanks,
Sean

cdmein

Community Member, 15 Posts

26 November 2012 at 11:00am

I am really glad someone else is having this error - I was going a bit loopy looking for it.

Background - I installed SilverStripe 3.0.2 no problem on Linux (Ubuntu 12.04 running on Amazon AWS). A colleague has installed this on Windows (WAMP 2.2) with no problem. I have installed it on Windows on WAMP 2.2 and on Apache 2.2 with PHP 5.3.19 and it has failed as described both times.

Running this in Firebug gives the following error:

TypeError: History.getState is not a function
return History.getState().url (\framework\admin\javascript\LeftAndMain.js - line 542)

If you comment out that line then the menu items can be selected - but they reopen the entire page (including the tree views etc.) each time.

I have tried this on Chrome, Firefox and IE9 and get the same results.

Hope that helps identify the issue as it really makes Silverstipe 3 unusable.

Chris

IDOLYZ

27 November 2012 at 1:39am

Hi Sean,

In the console in Google Chrome, it returns this error:

Uncaught TypeError: Object #<Object> has no method 'getState' in LeftAndMain.js:542.

It also returned this error when the page loaded:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot set property '/tsow/framework/javascript/jquery-ondemand/jquery.ondemand.js?m=1353543566' of null

Any idea? I'll try and install 3.0.3, but assume it will show the same error.

Ingo

Forum Moderator, 801 Posts

27 November 2012 at 10:12am

Can you guys please attach the originally loaded HTML of the admin area? I'm interested if there's a problem with loading order of the JS files.
Could you also send a screenshot of all JS files which are loaded from the initial page load to when you get the error (in the dev console)?

So the error appears on any menu link once you open admin/ for the first time? Do you have any additional modules installed?

cdmein

Community Member, 15 Posts

27 November 2012 at 10:49am

First I have just tried 3.0.3 - same problem although I didn't do a fresh install this time.

With regard to getting the error I simply install SilverStripe on Windows 7 (32bit) running on WAMP 2.2 or Apache 2.2 / Php 5.3.19 and get the error without installing anything else. I can go to the links correctly if I type them in but clicking on a link brings up the error IDOLYZ first reported.

I hope I have attached what you wanted to see. Let me know if you need more.

Chris

Attached Files
Ingo

Forum Moderator, 801 Posts

27 November 2012 at 12:37pm

I've set myself up with latest WAMP on XP, and tested on latest Chrome and Firefox, with a vanilla 3.0.3 release - can't reproduce.
Don't see anything suspicious in the screenshot or attached HTML either. Can you please try with a fresh download from silverstripe.org, and a fresh database?

Go to Top