Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Problems moving local site to live server

Go to End

5 Posts   1793 Views

Cgull

Community Member, 23 Posts

23 January 2013 at 3:56am

Hello,

I tried two ways to move my local site to a live server:
1. I copied all the files from my local machine to the live server, created the database and imported my local database.
Got server errors.

2. Installed silverstripe on my live server 2 problems:
2.1 It creates the database collation as latin1_swedish when I want it utf8_general_ci
2.2 Tt creates all the table names with Capital letters and then when I import my local database I get all my local tables as well which are named with small letters for example:
Local machine:
table name: group_members
Live server:
table name: Group_Members

How do I fix that?

frankmullenger

Forum Moderator, 53 Posts

23 January 2013 at 10:05am

I'm guessing you probably use Windows on your local machine and the server is Unix. You probably want to configure MySQL lower_case_table_names=2 on your Windows machine so that the table names are cased in the same way to the server (not lower case).

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/identifier-case-sensitivity.html

Cgull

23 January 2013 at 7:17pm

Thank you, is there anyway for me to fix this problem now after everything has been created already?

Is there no way to just copy all the files from my local machine to the live server without installing silverstrip online?

frankmullenger

Forum Moderator, 53 Posts

24 January 2013 at 10:39am

Not sure if there is an easier way but you could dump the MySQL from your local into a file, then replace all the references to table names in the file so that they are "capitalised" and will therefore match the names of the tables on the server when you import the data...

Cgull

24 January 2013 at 6:28pm

Thanks, that's an idea. Anyway, for now I stopped developing with Silverstripe until I get an answer about fileinfo