Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Installing modules in SS3, templates not being found

3 Posts   552 Views

DsX

Community Member, 178 Posts

19 March 2013 at 11:44am

I have an issue, where if I install a module, and rebuild, I get the expect functionality in the CMS, but front end rendering doesn't find the templates.
For the Blog, I had to copy the templates into a mytheme_blog folder, and then they are found.. but it seems to be with every module now.
I just added comments, and the option to allow commenting is in the CMS as expected, but after adding the tag to my page.ss template, I get an error that the 'CommentsInterface.ss' template can't be found, although its in the template folder of the module.

Is there some config I am missing?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

19 March 2013 at 10:03pm

Done a flush=all after installing the module?

DsX

Community Member, 178 Posts

20 March 2013 at 5:47am

Yeah you bet.
I've been having a hell of a time with V3, modules + composer.
I moved to the latest beta of V3.1 and things started to work (eg: widgets tabs just appeared.).
However I am worried that my install will eventually need to be scrapped since it is now a mess of manually downloaded and composer loaded parts. Composer is not working well for me at all I seem to get an error that is well documented ~4months ago as being common to W7 64b, and fixed.. but its not fixed for me..
I will just continue to struggle thru, and do a clean rebuild at a later date.. easy enough to migrate mysite + themes.
PS: loving many things about SS3.. great UI. Really would love a book to work thru ;)