Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Use SS for portions of web pages in static website

Go to End

3 Posts   941 Views

nwcic

Community Member, 2 Posts

23 April 2013 at 8:00pm

Answer not found in documentation for this:
Trying to see if there is a way to migrate a website into SS, but in the following way:
200+ page site, menus vary throughout the site. Already has a design so can't use a template and rewrite the site.
I'd like to use SilverStripe to handle the center section of each page and leave the top and bottom portions alone since they are so complex and vary so much from page to page.
Is there a way to use SS to do this?
We were using WebAssist to do this, but it fails with larger sites and long pages.
Thank you for taking the time to answer this if you can.
JL

Sean

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

26 April 2013 at 10:44am

Does the top have navigation as well? I guess the tricky bit will be how you map the SilverStripe pages to the existing header/footer links.

You could iframe the SilverStripe content on your existing site, that might be a stop-gap solution until you migrate everything across.

nwcic

Community Member, 2 Posts

26 April 2013 at 10:53am

Thanks for taking the time to answer.
I've determined in view of this that what I am looking for is a CMS that can assign editable regions without integrating the rest of the page into a CMS.
Best regards,
JL