Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Change font size & colour, lets make it simple

5 Posts   992 Views

shaf

Community Member, 27 Posts

19 June 2013 at 10:33pm

Edited: 19/06/2013 10:39pm

i added this to installation as we all need this straight away! here's a post i read have not got a clue how u do it as i am not a programmer lol i had the same prob in getsimple cms solved though like am sure this will be in a basic understanding.. as soon as the right person reply's : )
Re: [SOLVED] TinyMCE - Adding font, size and colour
28 January 2009 at 9:06am

"font, size or colour of text buttons"

I got it working in the latest version of SilverStripe, by editing the tinymce.template.js file, adding forecolor, fontselect and fontsizeselect to the configuration.

OK so were do i add forecolor, fontselect and fontsizeselect to the configuration. in the tinymce.template.js file on my server? as in do i add to the top of the code or the bottom or replace some code or ? or ?
exactly were ? do i delete anything ? please explain in a very basic way thankyou Screen shots would help too : )

Devlin

Community Member, 225 Posts

19 June 2013 at 10:52pm

Edited: 19/06/2013 10:58pm

This is the install sub forum. Please ask those kind of question in "Customising the CMS".

Note: "forecolor, fontselect and fontsizeselect" is bad practice. Please use CSS classes and common html tags instead.

However, you can set this option in your _config.php with:
HtmlEditorConfig::get('cms')->addButtonsToLine(4, 'fontsizeselect,forecolor,fontselect');

shaf

20 June 2013 at 2:03am

i see , thanks for ur reply , so i copy and paste this ('cms')->addButtonsToLine(4, 'fontsizeselect,forecolor,fontselect'); to the bit i point to in the pic the highlighted bit? could you be more basic please, i havnt got a clue about html tags to add colours etc sorry so please be basic : )

Devlin

Community Member, 225 Posts

20 June 2013 at 2:46am

You can find your "_config.php" in the "mysite" directory.

Simply add this line in mysite/_config.php:

HtmlEditorConfig::get('cms')->addButtonsToLine(4, 'fontsizeselect,forecolor,fontselect');

Then reload the cms.

shaf

20 June 2013 at 2:12pm

ok thanks :) much appreciated