Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

dev/build 500 error

Go to End

2 Posts   2153 Views

Benwitz

Community Member, 7 Posts

19 July 2013 at 4:24am

Edited: 19/07/2013 6:11am

Been at this for a while now, after install I can not complete a dev/build. It seems that I can log out and dev/build will work once, then goes back to the 500 error. very weird. Ive completely removed silverstripe and databases from the server and reinstalled to get the same results. when dev/build runs it is successful. admin functions work and im able to add custom pages and save various content to the database and website displays fine. So my work around is to re-install silverstripe any time i need to update a critical file, not a great work around. Debugging my 500 error turns this up:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 524288 bytes) in **/framework/core/manifest/TokenisedRegularExpression.php on line 24

I doubt it is a memory issue and seems more like the code is getting in a loop? any ideas?

There is one modification I have to make at install, my server setup requires me to include this code in my .htaccess:
AddHandler phpini-cgi .php
Action phpini-cgi /cgi-bin/php5-custom-ini.cgi
but I cant see that having this kind of effect...

**Update**
I changed the memory allocation to 80M and that removed the 500 error/Fatal error, but now i get nothing, no error and a blank html file:
<html><head></head><body></body></html>

BUT dev/build is doing its job... any tips to debug the debug template/output so I can see the dev/build results?

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1391 Posts

24 July 2013 at 10:05pm

Hi Benwitz,

A white screen after some /dev/ operation might have something to do with output buffering. See this older thread: http://www.silverstripe.org/general-questions/show/20062?start=0

I don't know which version of SilverStripe you are using and if this issue was fixed in your version, but just maybe it helps :)

Martine