Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Installing SilverStripe using Composer

Go to End

3 Posts   1364 Views

kashoob

Community Member, 1 Post

13 October 2013 at 3:04am

Hi all,

I have a problem with installing SilverStripe using composer. I have installed composer according to the instruction in the manual, than using the command "composer create-project..." i have installed SilverStripe on the server (as the root directory of the website I've placed server path).

The problem is that silverstripe installation files are visible only in Terminal, I can't see them in i.e. Transmit/Finder or on the server. How is it possible? What am I doing wrong? What precisely should I do?

Thank your for your help in advance.

Bambii7

Community Member, 254 Posts

18 October 2013 at 3:22pm

Perhaps they don't have read permissions?

I haven't got into composer, I either down load a complete package from here or the appropriate git branches. It might be easier than dealing with composer.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

6 November 2013 at 6:06pm

Make sure you haven't installed SilverStripe into a hidden folder (like ~/.*)

I personally don't use the create project script as you get a lot of garbage for 90% of sites. I use https://github.com/fullscreeninteractive/silverstripe-boilerplate

Can just run bash <(curl -s https://raw.github.com/fullscreeninteractive/silverstripe-boilerplate/master/install) in terminal and it will setup the project with a bare minimum to get composer.