Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

SS3 install: No theme, Very slow

Go to End

10 Posts   4982 Views

mikeshow

Community Member, 5 Posts

18 November 2013 at 11:04pm

Hi Camfindlay,

Thanks for the answer but, as I told Sean, I moved on.

I started my journey in the php world six months ago. Once I had configured my machine so that Php, MySql and IIS work together. I started with Wordpress. It worked instantly. Wordpress didn't fit, so I continued my quest. Long story short, I tried Concrete5, Symfony, SilverStripe, Phpixie, CodeIgniter, Kohana, Laravel, amongst others.

Most of them worked instantly. I was up and running with CodeIgniter, Kohana, Laravel literally in 10 minutes, and completed the tutorials in 2 to 4 hours.

It's been 15 days since I posted my need for help, and no one is able to tell me why I can't have the same experience with SilverStripe as with others which run instantly.

I have wasted far too much time with SS than I should have. If it doesn't work immediately, it means it's not well written, not worth it. I don't see why it should be painfull just to make it work. Why would I have to install it on a virtual box when others simply work.

Mike.

rork

Community Member, 1 Post

24 November 2013 at 8:19am

Edited: 24/11/2013 8:22am

I have the same problem as mikeshow. I installed latest SS Framework with CMS on Wampserver 2.4. Installation was successfull (there were two warning about tidy and displaing error - i enabled tidy in wampserver). I tried with localhost and 127.0.0.1 on Firefox and Opera.
I have few dirs in C:windows\temp - silverstripe-cache, silverstripe-cacheC--wamp-www and silverstripe-cacheC--wamp-www-ss. They are filled cached files.
I hadn't probem with previous release - 3.0.6. I count on you becouse SStripe is in my opinion the best :) (and i know what i am saying becouse i try almost everyone cms and framework ;)

Go to Top