Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Can't install SilverStripe on Redhat PaaS OpenShift

Go to End

2 Posts   2412 Views

Marcelo

Community Member, 1 Post

25 December 2013 at 9:29am

Hi All,

Did anyone tried to install SilverStripe on Redhat PaaS www.openshift.com? I'm having installation problem with SilverStripe on OpenShift 1 Failure and 2 warnings. The failure points to time zone php.ini. Following are warnings/failure

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PHP Configuration Show All Requirements 1 Failed and 2 Warnings
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1st Warning
PHP5 installed:
PHP version 5.3.3 is currently installed.

Upgrading to at least PHP version 5.3.4 is recommended.
SilverStripe should run, but you may run into issues. Future releases may require a later version of PHP.
Marcelo Comments: It's self explaining nothing to comment more. But I can't upgrade RHL version of PHP on OpenShift

2nd Warning
tidy support: Tidy provides a library of code to clean up your html. SilverStripe will operate fine without tidy but HTMLCleaner will not be effective.
Marcelo Comments: Well it's always better to have html code clean but I can skip this for now.

1st Failure
date.timezone setting and validity: date.timezone option in php.ini must be set correctly.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marcelo Comments: Looking into php.ini and I think there small issue. Problem is that you can't not modify php.ini on PaaS since you don't have permission to modify php.ini file. Here is how following line for date.timezone looks like:
"date.timezone = GMT"

it should be as following:
date.timezone = US/Pacific
or
date.timezone = Europe/Bratislava

FAQ:
1. Why the installation is so strict for TimeZone?
2. Is there any workaround for this?
3. Any tip before asking OpenShift folks to fix this?

Thanks,
Marcelo

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

3 January 2014 at 6:34pm

I run on OpenShift but use the PHP5.4 DIY build as it gives you a non deprecated version of PHP and the ability to tweak configuration :)

https://www.openshift.com/blogs/php-54-howto