Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Installing SilverStripe

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Installation problems

3 Posts   1760 Views

Reflektera

17 December 2008 at 7:31am (Last edited: 17 December 2008 7:31am), 49 Posts

I installed the latest daily build, and on refresh to homepage I got [url=http://pastie.org/340627]this error message[/url] . I followed the trace and it seems like the problem is in function getNestedController() on line 32 in ModelAsController.php. I changed it from

public function getNestedController() {
      if($this->urlParams['URLSegment']) {
         $SQL_URLSegment = Convert::raw2sql($this->urlParams['URLSegment']);         
            $child = Translatable::get_one("SiteTree", "SiteTree.\"URLSegment\" = '$SQL_URLSegment'", false);
         } else {
            $child = DataObject::get_one("SiteTree", "SiteTree.\"URLSegment\" = '$SQL_URLSegment'", false);
         }

to

public function getNestedController() {
      if($this->urlParams['URLSegment']) {
         $SQL_URLSegment = Convert::raw2sql($this->urlParams['URLSegment']);
         if (Translatable::is_enabled()) {
            $child = Translatable::get_one("SiteTree", "URLSegment = '$SQL_URLSegment'", false);
         } else {
            $child = DataObject::get_one("SiteTree", "URLSegment = '$SQL_URLSegment'", false);
         }

and it seems to work fine. Know bug or what? Anyone else who have had this problem?         

simon_w

17 December 2008 at 7:53am Forum Moderator, 474 Posts

Looks like a problem due to merging in some of the database abstraction code. You should open a ticket about it on open.silverstripe.com

I suggest that you use branches/2.3 instead of trunk until after 2.3 is released. All the bug fixes are currently being done in the branch, and will be merged back into trunk later.

Hamish

17 December 2008 at 8:57am Community Member, 712 Posts

yeah, Trunk is not stable at the moment.