Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Installed WAMP and Silverstripe and come up with errors - don't know what to do now

Go to End

6 Posts   4429 Views

Brigham

Community Member, 5 Posts

18 December 2008 at 3:45pm

Hi

i have installed according to the video here (http://www.silverstripe.com/assets/screencasts/silverstripe-installation-wamp/index.html) and i get an error:

Warning: file_get_contents(http://localhost:3000/silverstripe-v2.2.3/InstallerTest/testrewrite) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond. in C:\wamp\www\silverstripe-v2.2.3\rewritetest.php on line 47

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in C:\wamp\www\silverstripe-v2.2.3\rewritetest.php on line 47
---
don't know what to do now. tried loading it again (localhost:3000/silverstripe-v2.2.3) and then got this error:

Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in C:\wamp\www\silverstripe-v2.2.3\sapphire\core\SSViewer.php on line 151

---

anyone got any suggestions?

dttri

18 December 2008 at 7:09pm

Hi,

Have you tried:

http://localhost:3000/silverstripe-v2.2.3/?flush=1 to see if it works?

Brigham

19 December 2008 at 9:29am

hi. thanks dttri for your response - it didn't work. Could this be a Vista thing?

Hamish

Community Member, 712 Posts

19 December 2008 at 11:02am

Undefined offset in SSViewer - possibly it has not found any of your .SS (template) files - which would indicate a file systems issue.

So yes, could be a vista prob. Unfortunately I don't know squat about Vista, but try modifying permissions for the installation folder and see if you have any luck.

Brigham

19 December 2008 at 12:06pm

thanks Hamish

i just tried installing it on my net laptop that runs on XP and it worked, just like the video said it would. but it's going to be a humbug to work between two machines. Has anyone else had issues with VISTA?

<five minutes later>

OK, i just tried the permissions thing in VISTA (right clicked on the WAMP folder; clicked on permissions; clicked the Security folder; clicked on me (Users....) and then clicked on Advanced and clicked around so i got Full Control; clicked Apply and of it went!)

i am now happy again!

thanks muchly

Hamish

Community Member, 712 Posts

19 December 2008 at 1:28pm

Awesome!

Added a note in the wiki here.