Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

INstall does not like a minus (-) in Database name?!

Go to End

12 Posts   4353 Views

Sigurd

Forum Moderator, 628 Posts

6 January 2009 at 11:44am

Henning, thanks for the notes...

Note that you can the changes at http://open.silverstripe.com/changeset/69715 - they are very minor :)

You can subscribe to http://groups.google.com/group/silverstripe-announce to get an email when SilverStripe next releases a version.

henning

Community Member, 9 Posts

6 January 2009 at 11:56am

O.K.

Yes, I could even have been trying to change the code accordingly myself, in the end php is my first programming language even though in the meantime I wrote more Java...
But the next few days or maybe even weeks I'll not come to look at it again - but subscribed to the announcements, so I'll not forget to check one of the next versions :)

Cooll you fixed the issue so fast - seems Silverstripe support is better and faster than I thought :)

Sigurd

Forum Moderator, 628 Posts

6 January 2009 at 12:03pm

Edited: 06/01/2009 12:03pm

No worries - we were all on holiday 1-4 January, and thanks for explaining your issue on the forum so that we could resolve it :)

henning

Community Member, 9 Posts

18 February 2009 at 6:30am

hey guys,
I finally came to check the 2.3.0 rc4 release, and it works fine now!
I'll see if I canm use it for a friend's artist website - drupal sucked here, because it's hard to get a wysiwyg editor for pages that does proper referencing of pages and images - so, I need a images and pages choser that then creates proper links, and they should keep on working even though the site installation path changes.

The next thing I wonder is, if we can get a custom database table name prefix.
So I can host multiple sites in a single database and tell them apart by the first part of their name.

But yeah, these are two things for a new thread, I guess ;)

Go to Top