Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Errors before Installing

8 Posts   2206 Views

DenSchub

Community Member, 4 Posts

3 January 2009 at 3:00am

Hello!

I'm trying to install SilverStripe on my Webspace. When I'm opening the install.php, the following errors appear:
Warning: session_start(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/www/xxx/html:/home/www/xxx/phptmp:/home/www/xxx/files:/home/www/xxx/atd:/srv/www/htdocs/xxx/html:/srv/www/htdocs/xxx/phptmp:/srv/www/htdocs/xxx/files:/home/www/xxx/atd) in /home/www/xxx/html/SilverStripe/install.php on line 10 Fatal error: session_start(): Failed to initialize storage module: files (path: ) in /home/www/xxx/html/SilverStripe/install.php on line 10

Can someone help me?

Bye,
DenSchub

Tobbe

Community Member, 25 Posts

3 January 2009 at 3:36am

Strange. What version of PHP do you have? There are some reports on a bug in PHP that has this behavior, but if you are on a webhost, there should be no problems with session_start() as it is probably used by almost all PHP scripts.

Do you have a phpinfo file (a xxx.php file with only <? phpinfo(); ?> in it) on that server, that can be checked?

DenSchub

3 January 2009 at 3:42am

I've PHP 5.2.0

You can check the phpinfo here:
http://dev.dennis-schubert.de/phpinfo.php

Tobbe

3 January 2009 at 4:07am

Just to make sure your server is setup ok, can you just create a phpfile with this:

<?
error_reporting(E_ALL);
session_start();
echo session_save_path();
?>

DenSchub

3 January 2009 at 4:10am

oh!

It's the fault of my server:
http://dev.dennis-schubert.de/session-test.php

I'll contact my hoster!

Tobbe

3 January 2009 at 4:12am

Great! Good luck.

DenSchub

3 January 2009 at 4:22am

I'll tell you if it works :-)

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4094 Posts

3 January 2009 at 4:25am

Hopefully you can edit your virtual host directives and add the path it's looking for. If not, i think you need to talk to your hosting provider. Open basedir restrictions are nasty.