Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Silverstripe-v2.3.0-rc2 Install Issue - W2K8 & IIS7

Go to End

5 Posts   3583 Views

Bob Loblaw

Community Member, 3 Posts

8 January 2009 at 12:29pm

Windows Server 2008
IIS7
PHP 5.2.8
MySQL 5.1.30
URL Rewrite Module for IIS7.0 (x86)
Silverstripe-v2.3.0-rc2

I have followed the instructions and only have an issue with Silverstripe. PHP is working correctly and returns PHPinfo. When attemping to access the silverstripe install screen, I get HTTP Error 500.0 Internal Server Error with code 0x00000000. I have checked the web.config, NTFS permissions and many other things. Let me know if you have any thoughts about how to fix. thanks.

Sigurd

Forum Moderator, 628 Posts

8 January 2009 at 12:58pm

Are there any other logs or errors you can produce? The 500 error is unhelpfully brief :(

I assume you've tested that other PHP scripts loads fine, etc?

Bob Loblaw

8 January 2009 at 1:28pm

If I open install.php in my browser I get the following message. "If you can read this text in your browser then you don't have PHP installed."
If I go to rewritetest.php through the localhost URL I get the error "mod_rewrite doesn't appear to be working" . I have uninstalled and reinstalled the URL rewrite module from iis.net.

I know the 500 errors are pretty vauge but the event viewer logs or W3C logs from IIS are not generating anything.

I thought that when I go to localhost/silverstripe I was supposed to be redirected to the install.php page to complete installation and detail the MySql settings. I am currently being redirected to /sapphire/main.php.

Thanks much for any assistance.

Sam

Administrator, 690 Posts

8 January 2009 at 2:12pm

Hi Bob,

Try visiting http://localhost/silverstripe/install.php yourself.

If you're seeing the message "If you can read this text in your browser then you don't have PHP installed" then your server isn't executing install.php as a PHP script. I'm not sure why you can execute the phpinfo() test script and not install.php. Perhaps there is some setting in IIS to say which directories can contain PHP scripts?

Bob Loblaw

9 January 2009 at 11:56am

If I rename my php.ini to php.bak then everything works fine and I see the SilverStripe install page. Looks like the issue is the INI file but I have only changed it according to the instructions. I have attached the file to see if you notice anything out of place.