I found this link .. which is kind of bizzare: http://forum.siteground.com/showthread.php?p=22645
- quote begin (Actually using [ quote ] makes it so small that it's unreadable ! )
I just recently went through a painfulll silverstripe install and wanted to give some feedback. This error occurs on mo_rewrite test but is not caused by mod_rewrite, your siteground account should be set up for mod rewrite. The following link has simple code for testing mod_rewrite http://www.wallpaperama.com/forums/h...abled-t40.html
To fix the error on a standard install on siteground simply follow the instructions below. Hope this saves somebody some time.
***** silversripe httprespond installin Error on Siteground *******
- reason, silverstripe uses a HttpReference class that is already being called by php
- also causes mod_rewrite test to fail
1) Open your copy new of the silverstripe install files.
2) Go to "sapphire/core/control/HTTPResponse.php" and rename it to "sapphire/core/control/SSHTTPResponse.php "
3) Open the new SSHTTPResponse.php and edit the HTTPResponse class to read SSHTTPResponse. Look through the file and change any other references to HTTPResponse to SSHTTPResponse.
4) Open the following files and change all references to the HTTPResponse to SSHTTPResponse.:
Save and upload all the files to their respective directories and run the silverstripe install.
- quote end