Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Silverstripe migration

Go to End

4 Posts   3517 Views

SimpleIT

Community Member, 3 Posts

2 February 2009 at 7:37am

Hi there,

I've had a quick look on the forum, and while I can find some posts on the topic of migration none of them appear to have the same error.

We build our sites on a local development server and all the content gets included in the development stage until the client is happy for the site to go live. I'm now at the stage where I need to upload a clients site to the live server, I have been able to install Silverstripe just fine, after this I copied over the mysite code and the templates, rebuilt the db and changed the theme to the one developed. Now the issue I'm having is when I'm copying the database with all the sites content onto the server. When I go back to the site I just get an internal webserver error. Is there anything I can do? During development the site was copied between dev servers with no issues, I thought the database didnt have any server configuration stored in it.

Now I have tried the usual /?flush=1 and db/build/?flush=1 and I still get the same error.

Any light you can shed would be great :)

Regards

Graham.

BLU42 Media

Community Member, 71 Posts

2 February 2009 at 7:40am

Hi-

Double-check your .htaccess file. Sometimes the servers choke on the "DirectorySlash off" line. Just comment that out and see it it's working again.

John

SimpleIT

2 February 2009 at 8:16am

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I have done as you suggested however I am still getting the same error.

"Error

The website server has not been able to respond to your request." In firefox

and a HTTP 500 in IE

Any other ideas?

Regards

Graham.

SimpleIT

2 February 2009 at 11:32am

Fixed it,

PhPMyAdmin was exporting my MySql table names in lowercase.

Regards

Graham.