Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

MediaTemple Grid Install Tips - How to fix admin login issues

Go to End

2 Posts   2247 Views

bw184

Community Member, 1 Post

29 April 2014 at 3:31pm

Hello,

While installing SilverStripe version 3.1.4 on my MediaTemple Grid shared hosting account, I ran into a few post-install issues due to the hosting configuration.

Nothing big time, just a few tweaks to help SS run smoothly on the GRID hosting system. I figured that I would share this info here in case anyone else runs into issues.

First off, you need to disable magic quotes by adding the following to your .htaccess file:
php_flag magic_quotes_gpc off

Admin Woes! You may find yourself periodically being unable to log-in to the SS admin page.

For example, you visit your admin url: http://your-url/admin or http://your-url/Security/login
You are then taken to a white page with the following message: "Not Logged In"

Or, you are taken to another white page with the following message:
"Ajax requests to this URL require an X-Pjax header."

This (appears) to be the result of incorrect PHP settings in the Media Temple Grid control panel.
Your site may be configured to use PHP version "5.3.27 FastCGI".
Simply log-in to your Grid account, select the link "PHP Settings" from the Grid-Service Control Panel,
Find your domain in the list and change the drop-down menu setting from "FastCGI" to "5.3.27 CGI Stable"
Click the Save button at the bottom. It may take several minutes for the change to work.

This adjustment worked for me. No more problems logging in to admin and the performance of SS has really improved.

Hope some of this info helps fellow GRID users!

Now I can finish moving the rest of my websites into SilverStripe because it is awesome!

Best Regards,

Brian-

colymba

Community Member, 26 Posts

29 November 2014 at 10:50am

+1 for "PHP 5.3.29 CGI (stable)" that did the trick apparently.
5.5.18 latest brought up load of errors and deprecations...