THIS THREAD IS OBSOLETE. Please see new version updates here: http://silverstripe.org/all-other-modules/show/280202#post280202
Attached is an early build of a module I am working on - 'SecureFiles' allows content managers to set file access permissions on folders. Files within these folders will be subject to permission checks through sapphire.
As you might not know, files uploaded to you SilverStripe site are open to the internet - that is, anyone who knows the right URL will be able to get to your files.
- New CMS tab 'Security' for folders, allows content editors to give specific users access to specific folders
- Privileges are inherited from parent folders
- Uses apache rewrite rules to direct secure folders through an optimized controller. Unsecured folders are still allowed direct access (so they will load at the same speed)
- New permission code "Access to Secure Files" overrides folder specific privileges
- Prevent Google indexing your private files!
This is an early version, so documentation is still sparse, however it should be this easy to install:
1. Extract to your SilverStripe directory
2. Run dev/build?flush=1
I would like to here about any bugs of feedback you might have, so please add to this thread.
EDIT: this now lives at [url]http://polemic.net.nz/secure-files-module/[/url]
Log Tickets and feature requests: [url]http://polemic.net.nz/trac/newticket?component=Secure%20Files[/url]