Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Testers Required - SecureFiles 0.1.1 Module

Go to End

27 Posts   8862 Views

Hamish

Community Member, 712 Posts

24 March 2009 at 8:49am

Edited: 04/03/2010 1:40pm

Does it work in other folders? And what version of SilverStripe are you using?

It should be o.k. for version 2.3, but I haven't made any changes for 2.3.1 or more recent editions. It is possible that changes in the core have made the module obsolete. Hopefully I can give it some attention this week.

weberho

Community Member, 15 Posts

24 March 2009 at 9:32am

Thank you for the quick response! It's 2.3.1 I'm working with. And yes, it's working properly with documents in the "Dokumente-Login" folder.

Johannes

Hamish

24 March 2009 at 9:43am

Ok, probably a difference in 2.3.1 then. I can't look at it today, but will see if I can get a new version out soon.

keeny

Community Member, 48 Posts

15 May 2009 at 12:39pm

@weberho - I have the same problem when files are in nested folders more than one level deep. So secure files works on an URL like this:

http://mysite.co.nz/assets/secure/folder1/myfile.pdf

But on an URL like this:

http://mysite.co.nz/assets/secure/folder1/folder2/myfile.pdf

I get the error 'I can't handle sub-URLs of a SecureFileController object.'

This can be fixed with a hack mentioned in this post

@Hamish - could nested folders be catered for somehow with Director::addRules or something?

Cheers,

Barry.

Hamish

15 May 2009 at 12:46pm

It shouldn't need explicit rules defined for each sub-folder - I believe the rewriting rules were supposed to massage the URL into something usable instead.

I need to review it and add some improvements - (particularly, need to have a look at what effect the new 'rewriteless' installation has) - I'm just lacking in time. It would be great if we could get it into trac so users can contribute patches too :)

Liam

Community Member, 470 Posts

12 November 2009 at 3:29pm

Any plans on getting this to work with 2.4? Or maybe it's a config problem on my end.

I cleaned up the deprecated classes you were using, and it appears to be working. However even when logged in, every folder I view returns a 404 error.

*Edit* I've removed the error. Something is odd with my server, but can anybody confirm this works with 2.4? I'm not sure if it's fully my setup, or just part of it.

weberho

Community Member, 15 Posts

13 November 2009 at 12:51am

Do you have a version available which is running with ss2.3? The current downloadable version is quite old and not working with ss2.3, in the svn there is a newer version available, but I didn't test yet.

Liam

Community Member, 470 Posts

13 November 2009 at 8:34am

No I wasn't even aware it didn't work with 2.3

When this first came out I planned on using it for this one project, but nothing came of it.

This was my first time using it. I'll dig around svn and see, but I can probably just get away with locking down a secure page with links to the files if this doesn't work out.