Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Which version am I running?

Go to End

9 Posts   9550 Views

KConSS

Community Member, 4 Posts

18 March 2009 at 3:58am

Edited: 18/03/2009 4:07am

How can I determine the release/version of silverstripe that was installed by my web hosting service (godaddy)? They support your product and performed the installation. I've encountered an issue with a template upload and am trying to resolve that.

ootersplace

Community Member, 16 Posts

18 March 2009 at 5:35am

Are you able to log into the CMS? If so, do that and look at the very bottom of the screen. It should say "
SilverStripe CMS - [Version#]."

KConSS

18 March 2009 at 1:19pm

I'm able to access the home page, which appears to be a stock template from the install. It has a link to CMS, but when viewed it doesn't show the version. I called the webhost they claim they are using 2.2.

My next question concerns the theme that I was trying to install. Which instructed me to update the file ../mysite/_config.php.
I can't find the file in this directory. Any ideas????

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

18 March 2009 at 10:15pm

If its not in mysite it sounds like you installed with the 'tutorial' option in 2.2. This put the _config file in tutorial folder rather then mysite.

ootersplace

Community Member, 16 Posts

19 March 2009 at 2:58am

KCon, do you have FTP access to your web space? If so, I'd delete everything they've put on there for you and install 2.3.0 from scratch. It looks like they were trying to make things easy for you, but doing it yourself will mean everything should be where it's supposed to be (and you'll have the latest version of the software).

KConSS

19 March 2009 at 3:23am

Edited: 19/03/2009 3:28am

willr: You're correct. I tried making my change to _config.php, but it doesn't reflect the new 'theme'. Should I have moved the file to the other directory (mysite)???

KConSS

19 March 2009 at 3:27am

ootersplace: you may have the better answer but for a rookie I was happy that I didn't have to do the full install manually. I'm also dealing with Linux on the host and running winXP from my home which is adding some new challenges to this process.

I'll think about it and thanks for the suggestion.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

19 March 2009 at 1:22pm

I think you cannot use themes with the tutorial option (ONLY IN 2.2 - this is FIXED IN 2.3) as the css files are in tutorial/css/ and tutorial/templates/* rather then in its own theme.

Try copy the _config.php file to mysite/ folder and change the $project var inside that to 'mysite' (from 'tutorial') then add your SetTheme code then revisit the site http://www.yoursite.com/?flush=1 and see if that works

Go to Top