Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Error: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\silverstripe\sapphire\core\model\MySQLDatabase.php:

3 Posts   3297 Views

tom12010

Community Member, 2 Posts

22 March 2009 at 5:20am

Tried 3 timesinstalling with WebPI to Windows 7, all the other apps worked, even Drupal.
Double-checked typing, cannot even run http://localhost/silverstripe/install.php...
Was any testing done before this was put up to MS' site?????

[Warning] mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'silverstripeuser'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
GET /silverstripe
Line 35 in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\silverstripe\sapphire\core\model\MySQLDatabase.php

Source
26    /**
27     * Connect to a MySQL database.
28     * @param array $parameters An map of parameters, which should include:
29     * - server: The server, eg, localhost
30     * - username: The username to log on with
31     * - password: The password to log on with
32     * - database: The database to connect to
33     */
34    public function __construct($parameters) {
35       $this->dbConn = mysql_connect($parameters['server'], $parameters['username'], $parameters['password']);
36       $this->active = mysql_select_db($parameters['database'], $this->dbConn);
37       $this->database = $parameters['database'];
38       if(!$this->dbConn) {
39          $this->databaseError("Couldn't connect to MySQL database");
40       }
Trace
•mysql_connect(localhost,silverstripeuser,********)
Line 35 of MySQLDatabase.php
•MySQLDatabase->__construct(Array)
Line 72 of DB.php
•DB::connect(Array)
Line 109 of main.php

tom12010

Community Member, 2 Posts

22 March 2009 at 5:43am

FIXED!!

Downloaded mySQL Administrator, gave this database user ALL privileges, set up a connection, started again with http://localhost/silverstripe, then it came up.

Pretty dumb of the WebPI installer not to set up table privileges etc. -- it was equally stupid with Drupal on some things, if that makes y'all feel any better...

Oyadioo

Community Member, 1 Post

12 March 2012 at 4:27am

I have this same problem...

Everything seems to be right.....it works fine on my local machine and my db user is root...

When i upload and check this online,i get error Line 57 in E:\HostingSpaces\coreglob\core-globalservices.com.ng\wwwroot\testsite

\sapphire\core\model\MySQLDatabase.php.

When i try to connect to phpmyadmin using same username and password used in my connection string,i can connect.

What could the problem be????is it that i do not have any privilege attached to my user????

Please see error below.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Warning] mysql_connect(): Access denied for user 'ennovate'@'XpertProWeb' (using password: YES)
GET /testsite/

Line 57 in E:\HostingSpaces\coreglob\core-globalservices.com.ng\wwwroot\testsite\sapphire\core\model\MySQLDatabase.php
Source

48     * Connect to a MySQL database.
49     * @param array $parameters An map of parameters, which should include:
50     * - server: The server, eg, localhost
51     * - username: The username to log on with
52     * - password: The password to log on with
53     * - database: The database to connect to
54     * - timezone: (optional) The timezone offset. For example: +12:00, "Pacific/Auckland", or "SYSTEM"
55     */
56    public function __construct($parameters) {
57       $this->dbConn = mysql_connect($parameters['server'], $parameters['username'], $parameters['password'], true);
59       if(self::$connection_charset) {
60          $this->query("SET CHARACTER SET '" . self::$connection_charset . "'");
61          $this->query("SET NAMES '" . self::$connection_charset . "'");
62       }

Trace

mysql_connect(<filtered>,<filtered>,<filtered>,<filtered>)
Line 57 of MySQLDatabase.php
MySQLDatabase->__construct(Array)
Line 97 of DB.php
DB::connect(<filtered>)
Line 121 of main.php
require_once(E:\HostingSpaces\coreglob\core-globalservices.com.ng\wwwroot\testsite\sapphire\main.php)
Line 63 of index.php