Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Upgrade removes form and still Google Analytics doesn't work!

Go to End

3 Posts   2283 Views

Foweyboy

Community Member, 7 Posts

2 April 2009 at 2:50am

I just upgraded from 2.0.2 (I think) to 2.3.1 because I had had problems getting google analytics working - I should have just been able to paste the Analytics code into the page template IMHO, but that didn't work, and the Google Analytics Silverstripe module had failed to work - it didn't show up in the "Show Reports" dropdown as it apparently should. Anyway I followed the upgrade instructions, and it appeared to upgrade successfully, but now I see that Google Analytics still doesn't show up in the "Show Reports" dropdown, and worse the contact us page's form has disappeared! In fact the "Form" page type is note listed under the page types drop down!

I did backup both the db and the site files, but it would be preferable to solve these problems if they are not too time consuming please!

All help greatly appreciated! Many thanks in advance.

Matt
The contents of the page I got when I used the dev/build/?flush=1 is attached as a text file (unicode)

Attached Files
Foweyboy

Community Member, 7 Posts

9 April 2009 at 5:06am

Edited: 09/04/2009 5:06am

The form problem is because they've separated that functionality out into it's own module.
The analytics problem was caused by the module download file on one of the servers being just the language files and not the actual module itself, which I found by downloading it from another location and seeing a whole lot more files compared to the file I had originally downloaded (and yes the download was complete and not corrupt)... so both problems caused by human error on the development side I guess, but easy to do!

So now I have it all working nicely except that my analytics reports that it is gathering data but isn't actually doing so - the stats are 0 hits everyday. Looking at the source code that is generated I got confused as to why it wasn't in any way like the code that Google Analytics supplies? It seems like the easiest thing would be to just insert a bit of code into a website, but using Silverstripe it has so far taken up a whole day and a half, compared to, say, 30 seconds of copy and paste using Cake... but Silverstripe is what we've used and now I just want to get Analytics working... so please, does anyone have any hints, or can anyone report that it is working for them (in case it's not just me!)

yume

Community Member, 3 Posts

29 May 2009 at 6:42am

I have the same problem too. I'm not getting any data to my google analytics even though analytics says that the tracker is installed.