Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Change the TEMP_FOLDER location

Go to End

4 Posts   3377 Views

dXh

Community Member, 3 Posts

6 April 2009 at 4:44am

I am installing on media temple grid service and I was reading that the TEMP_FOLDER should be changed to another location so it gets cached correctly on the grid. How do I do this. Cant find config.php or the _ss_environment.php.
Could some one help. There are a lot of people that are asking this on the media temple forums, and I will post my findings there for help.

Can anyone give me a clue?

Cheers,

David

ajshort

Community Member, 244 Posts

6 April 2009 at 6:19pm

The best way is just to create a "silverstripe-cache" folder (which will automatically be used to store temp files) in your site root - this was implemented to support the distributed servers like MediaTemple, and means your cache will automatically propagate across all the servers. Make sure to give it 777 perms though.

dXh

Community Member, 3 Posts

7 April 2009 at 5:17am

Thanks. Everything seems to work fine without doing any special steps during install. If I create this folder now (after the install) will there be any issues?
Thanks.
So Far So Good

David

ajshort

Community Member, 244 Posts

9 April 2009 at 12:07am

No - SilverStripe will automatically start using the silverstripe-cache dir on the next request (which may be a little slow due to the cache being regenerated).