Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Trouble installing

3 Posts   1801 Views

annkie

Community Member, 1 Post

12 May 2009 at 10:36am

I'm new to this and trying to install SilverStripe but I keep getting this error:
Are the access credentials correct   That username/password doesn't work: Access denied for user 'annakdes_myself'@'pool-71-126-105-21.phlapa.east.verizon.net' (using password: YES)

It confirmed that the server exists. I'm using hostmonster web server. I'm sure that MySQL username, password, and database are correct because I just created them. Any idea why I'm getting this error?

Thanks!

stevenheidel

Community Member, 1 Post

28 September 2009 at 7:21am

Edited: 28/09/2009 8:14am

I have the exact same problem, on hostmonster as well. Any progress made on this issue?

EDIT - I figured it out. My database password contained the character $ which caused a problem. Hostmonster likes to add weird symbols to its passwords, so you just have to change them.

inspriatin01

Community Member, 2 Posts

13 October 2009 at 7:01am

I'm currently using wordpress but trying to start a site with silverstripe, and I'm with hostmonster too. If I find any solution to this problem I'll post it here.