Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Installing SilverStripe

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Trouble installing

3 Posts   1763 Views

annkie

12 May 2009 at 10:36am Community Member, 1 Post

I'm new to this and trying to install SilverStripe but I keep getting this error:
Are the access credentials correct   That username/password doesn't work: Access denied for user 'annakdes_myself'@'pool-71-126-105-21.phlapa.east.verizon.net' (using password: YES)

It confirmed that the server exists. I'm using hostmonster web server. I'm sure that MySQL username, password, and database are correct because I just created them. Any idea why I'm getting this error?

Thanks!

stevenheidel

28 September 2009 at 7:21am (Last edited: 28 September 2009 8:14am), Community Member, 1 Post

I have the exact same problem, on hostmonster as well. Any progress made on this issue?

EDIT - I figured it out. My database password contained the character $ which caused a problem. Hostmonster likes to add weird symbols to its passwords, so you just have to change them.

inspriatin01

13 October 2009 at 7:01am Community Member, 2 Posts

I'm currently using wordpress but trying to start a site with silverstripe, and I'm with hostmonster too. If I find any solution to this problem I'll post it here.