Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Installing SilverStripe

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Silverstripe on SiteGround - Success!

ff_orlo_ff

13 May 2009 at 8:33pm Community Member, 1 Post

Gday,

Just figured out how to make Silverstripe run on SiteGround. This is my reply cross-posted from the SiteGround help forum:

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=
Thanks Centry01 for your hint.

Originally it did not worked for me - I was getting
"HttpRequest::__construct() expects at most 3 parameters, 5 given" error when istall finished.
Then after pulling out the remaining of my hair I've finally succeeded.

There were two issues:
1. With Silverstripe 3.2.1 here were more files referencing to HTTPResponse
2. HTTPRequest also needed to be changes to something else. I used the same scheme and renamed it to SSHTTPRequest.

Here is how.
On my Ubuntu machine I've unarchived the Silverstripe distribution and then run

for f in `rgrep -l HTTPResponse SilverStripe-v2.3.1` do; perl -pi -e 's/HTTPResponse/SSHTTPResponse/g' $f; done
for f in `rgrep -l HTTPResponse SilverStripe-v2.3.1` do; perl -pi -e 's/HTTPRequest/SSHTTPRequest/g' $f; done

(Sorry translating the above from zsh to bash, hope the semicolons are in the right places :-)
Then I renamed sapphire/core/control/HTTPResponse.php -> sapphire/core/control/SSHTTPResponse.php and sapphire/core/control/HTTPRequest.php -> sapphire/core/control/SSHTTPRequest.php

Created archive, apploaded it to the SiteGround, put
"AddHandler application/x-httpd-php52 .php .php5 .php4 .php3" to .htaccess and it worked!

Happy, happy..

PS. Just realised that I should've done "rgrep -l HTTPRequest SilverStripe-v2.3.1" in the second command, but so far so good.
Edit/Delete Message