Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

getting confused on how to install silverstripe

7 Posts   2421 Views

tycoonajv

Community Member, 4 Posts

16 May 2009 at 2:35am

hello im just new here still a student and i need help on how to install silverstripe because when i type install.php or index.php or just the INSTALL nothing happens both the php's is displaying connot load page..please i need help if it is possible to explain it to me using a printpage style or a video or just a simple explaination...thank you...

by the way im not using WAMP i use the sql apache 2.2 and PHP 5..

Fred C.

Community Member, 18 Posts

16 May 2009 at 8:36am

You'll need to give us more information. What version of MySQL are you using? What is the exact error message? What is the HTTP response code? If possible, attach a screenshot.

tycoonajv

16 May 2009 at 6:29pm

Edited: 16/05/2009 6:30pm

im currently using Apache 2.2 MYSQL 5 and PHP 5.2.8..i really need help...i have some screenshots just click the link...

Attached Files
mediaciety.de

Community Member, 3 Posts

16 May 2009 at 7:41pm

normally 'Error 500' is caused by a misconfiguration in your .htaccess file, maybe there went sth wrong.

tycoonajv

17 May 2009 at 2:23am

.htaccess file? where i can find that?..how can I configure it?..

by the way i'm not using the WAMP server..only apache 2.2 php 5.2.8 and mySQL 5..

mediaciety.de

Community Member, 3 Posts

17 May 2009 at 6:08am

usually you can find it in the root folder of your website - htdocs, public_html or whatever its name may be depends on your configuration.

do you use windows or linux as your server's OS? ... on linux files that have a prefixed dot (like .htaccess) are hidden. so you have to tell your FTP-client to show hidden files as well. if you use the linux console, change to your website-root and type 'ls -asl' that will show you all files in the driectory, including hidden files.

there are several pages on that mod_rewrite/.htaccess topic, because that would be way too much for this forum ;)

you also should check your httpd.conf (apache_install_dir/conf/httpd.conf on Win, /etc/apache2/httpd.conf on most linux systems) if mod_rewrite is properly enabled and so on.

if you find sth similar to

#LoadModule mod_rewrite someweirdfilenamethaiactuallydontremember.so

change it to:

LoadModule mod_rewrite someweirdfilenamethaiactuallydontremember.so

On Linux boxes you may just type 'a2enmod rewrite' as root and restart apache with '/etc/init.d/apache2 restart'

tycoonajv

17 May 2009 at 10:07pm

i don't use linux only windows XP...