Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

date.timezone option in php.ini must be set correctly.

Go to End

4 Posts   3637 Views

thomas.paulson

Community Member, 107 Posts

5 August 2014 at 12:30am

I know that timezone must be set correctly, but I have set timezone correctly in php.ini ie Asia/Calcutta. And i cant move forward with installation.

After a while I thought to change timezone to London, and this time there is not error

date.timezone = Europe/London
;date.timezone = Asia/Calcutta

it would be great if somebody could why my timezone ie Asia/Calcutta did not work.

Thanks

Kirk

Community Member, 67 Posts

5 August 2014 at 10:03am

Tried this on my machine and I am able to replicate this I get the following error

date.timezone setting and validity date.timezone option in php.ini must be set correctly.

I am thinking this could be related to the version of Apache/PHP I am using PHP 5.3.28 and Apache 2.2.26 running on Macports.

Can you advise on what version of Apache and PHP you are using.

Kirk

Community Member, 67 Posts

5 August 2014 at 10:18am

It is not actually related to the version of PHP or Apache it needs to be added as

date.timezone = Asia/Kolkata;

Calcutta is the historical English name for Kolkata as per the wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kolkata

thomas.paulson

Community Member, 107 Posts

5 August 2014 at 3:05pm

Thanks Kirk, you are right it date.timezone = Asia/Kolkata

I was following the below link, and there are two entries ie Asia/Calcutta & Asia/Kolkata , I did not notice the later one.

http://php.net/manual/en/timezones.asia.php

Thanks again Kirk for pointing me in right direction, I cant believe why i did not notice that; though I am based in India