Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Moving directory after installation

Go to End

6 Posts   3730 Views

mango

Community Member, 26 Posts

21 May 2009 at 2:52pm

I'm thinking of building a site under a directory, i.e. www.domain.com/beta, and when it's ready to go live, I'll be moving it to www.domain.com. Can someone please confirm that by moving files to the root directory will not cause any problems? Are there any things I should look out for?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

22 May 2009 at 11:45am

Only thing you might need to watch out for is the path written in the .htaccess file. Apart from that it should work fine

mango

Community Member, 26 Posts

23 May 2009 at 5:57pm

I found in my .htaccess that there is a line that says "RewriteBase /beta" which I believe should be changed to "RewriteBase /" once moved to the root, am I right?

Fuzz10

Community Member, 791 Posts

25 May 2009 at 11:16pm

Yup.

LinseyM

Community Member, 99 Posts

27 June 2009 at 12:34am

Hi guys,

Sorry to hijack the thread, but just wondering: is this the same for moving from a subdomain?

I'm currently building site on "http://testsite.mydomain.com" but once it's ready I want to move it to "http://www.mydomain.com"

I've seen posts about moving from one server to another, but I wasn't sure about the effects of changing the address location as well as the physical location of the files...

Am a newbie to Silverstripe (loving it tho!) so bear with me.

Thanks.

:)

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1391 Posts

27 June 2009 at 4:40am

Shouldn't be a problem, guess you wouldn't even have to change .htaccess, as long as you copy to the same folder level...