Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

MAMP 3.0 Stuffed All My Sites!!!

4 Posts   249 Views

arthurdent

Community Member, 184 Posts

12 August 2014 at 5:24pm

AAARTRRGGGHH!!!

'Upgraded' to MAMP 3.0 from V2 for local development. It fixed my ModRewrite rule and broke all my sites! Can't connect to Databases, nothing works -- even a clean install of SilverStripe!! What the hell just happened!!!! Anybody out there had this?

Guy Van Bael

Community Member, 36 Posts

12 August 2014 at 8:12pm

Hi,

I experienced the same thing. Eventually i went back to mamp 2, but apparantly there's a quick fix.
Haven't tried it yet due to lack of time...

look at http://www.silverstripe.org/general-questions/show/61661

Grtz,
Guy

arthurdent

12 August 2014 at 8:45pm

Edited: 12/08/2014 8:47pm

Thanks Guy, good to know it wasn't some dumb mistake on my part!! I've published my trace on the post you referred me to where you discovered the same problem. Fix doesn't seem to work, and obviously problem with Apache 2.4 version is still there [sigh]

arthurdent

13 August 2014 at 5:22pm

Edited: 13/08/2014 5:23pm

Well, it's been a long and torturous journey but the good news is I reverted to MAMP 2.1.3 and was able, after much /dev/build/ and ?flush=all, to restore my SilverStripe sites.

The BAD news is that ModRewrite still doesn't work so I can't see all the functionality of the sites. And the EVEN WORSE news is that I can't edit my SilverStripe pages via the backend because the page content field has disappeared (see attached screenshot).

And now my zarking fingers a seizing up with frustration and going dyslexic!!!

WTF!!!! Any advise gratefully appreciated!!

Attached Files