Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

silverstripe on Godaddy host

Go to End

7 Posts   4707 Views

Govpatel

Community Member, 13 Posts

1 June 2009 at 1:52pm

Hello

I have installed silverstripe 2.3.1 on godaddy linux server and working fine last two months all of sudden they keep on password protect sapphire folder anyone else have this problem.

Now I keep on getting server error I change the permissions on the folder and find that after a while its password protected.

Is there anything in that folder for them to keep on password protect the folder

rbquirke

Community Member, 70 Posts

1 June 2009 at 5:06pm

I really don't think the issue is with the code in the sapphire folder.

Are you sure there has been nothing set within your hosting control panel that would cause this?

Also, check for a .htaccess file in the sapphire folder - this would be causing the password protection.

Ronan

Govpatel

2 June 2009 at 12:08am

Thank you for reply

This is the email I got

Dear Sir/Madam,

It has come to our attention that your hosting account for njssubvets.com is causing an overload of the shared resources on this server. This, in turn, affects the server performance for other customers. We have migrated your site to a new server to provide you time to resolve the issue.

Unfortunately, we are not able to troubleshoot custom scripting and therefore, we are not able to provide specific solutions. However, we have determine that this is being caused by a RSS reader on your site requesting itself over and over. This should be a starting point for further troubleshooting. Keep in mind, this not be the root cause of this issue.

Additionally, other causes of this issue can include, but are not limited to, non-optimized scripts, high traffic, form spamming, etc.

You will have until 17 June 2009 to resolve the issue at hand.

At the end of this time period, we will review your CPU usage. If it has been resolved, we will migrate you back to the original server. If it has not been resolved, you should then consider the need to upgrade to a Dedicated Server. Please note, if the CPU usage is further exceeded on this new server, we reserve the right to suspend the account to ensure the overall health of the server. If you have questions about this matter, you may contact us by replying to this email or by calling 480-505-8871.

We appreciate your cooperation in this matter.

Lamin Barrow

Community Member, 22 Posts

2 June 2009 at 2:42am

If i were you i would just migrate my website to Media Temple (http://mediatemple.net). I register my domains at godday and at the time i thought it was a good idea to host with them too but as i later found out, that was a terrible idea. I couldn't even install Silverstripe on their servers, there was no .htaccess file support and none of the goddady web pages look visual a appealing to me.

So that was when i went over to Media Temple. With $20 a month (you can get it down to $16 if you can find a coupon code) i have 99 MB of ram, SSH access, SFTP and many awesome features. May be you should give it a try too.

Govpatel

2 June 2009 at 5:11am

Hello L Roy

Thank you for your input this not my account I just installed this silverscript for our Veterans in New Jersey and he already had the account at Go Daddy from your experience with Go daddy looks like they do not like silverstripe cms run on there server.

Briohny

Community Member, 199 Posts

3 June 2009 at 10:15am

Yes this is very wierd. I host around 8 or so sites on GoDaddy without a single problem. I've tried to install a new SS site today on GoDaddy and i'm having an awful lot of problems. First it was telling me it was a mod_rewrite problem and it couldn't install. Then it did install but i can't load any pages. It just times out. I don't know what's going on!

Seal Clubber

Community Member, 1 Post

19 June 2009 at 10:14am

I had a try: received the same reply through the ticket system. The main problem is that the directory ../sapphire/dev/ is not installed through the installer. Upload your own straight from SilverStripe and it won't work (didn't investigate). Another problem is that chroot is running and altering file permissions on the fly. Basically it don't work.
I is with L Boy - new host. Trying a2hosting, building new site from scratch so shall report back (eventually)