Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Problems Uploading Files & Images After Install

Go to End

4 Posts   3867 Views

anthonyharrison

Community Member, 2 Posts

7 June 2009 at 6:53pm

Hi guys,

Using version 2.3.1 on an Australian host (Ilisys.com.au) and getting a nasty error when trying to upload an image file through 'Files & Images'. I can browse to the image/file ok but when I press the 'Upload Files Listed Below' I get an error.

I am on a shared hosting service and don't have access to php.ini. I've added a folder called 'silverstripe-cache' following reading other forum posts. I adjusted permissions on my assets directory to 777 to see if that helped.

Anyway the error I am receiving is:

[Warning] move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp/php_upload/phpdx7OzZ) is not within the allowed path(s): (VIRTUAL_DOCUMENT_ROOT:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/ph:/home/chroot_lib/phplib/:/usr/local/bin/)
POST /admin/assets/UploadForm

Line 198 in /home/4-web/46/ad/<domain>.com.au/public/www/cms/code/AssetAdmin.php

Any suggestions or help is muchly appreciated.

JackAttack

Community Member, 12 Posts

12 June 2009 at 5:56am

Hi Anthony,

I think I've just had the same problem and I'm on a host with similar restrictions (MelbourneIT = crap) ...As far as I can see I'm not able to upload files because SilverStripe can't find/access a temp folder somewhere..

It may be possible to set the folder manually in AssetAdmin.php (line 198) but I haven't done anything other than have a quick look (it's 2am and I need some sleep). I'll have a go at fixing it tomorrow... In the meantime if you find solution please share it!

Jack

Hamish

Community Member, 712 Posts

12 June 2009 at 8:43am

Are you defining your temporary file location? For example, do you have an environment file (_ss_environment.php) that has a line like:

define('TEMP_FOLDER', dirname(getcwd())."/tmp");

anthonyharrison

Community Member, 2 Posts

16 June 2009 at 1:00am

Awesome work Hamish.

Did exactly as you suggested and added a _ss_environment.php file to the root of my site with the define statement that you gave me. I also created a folder called 'tmp' at this level with the correct permissions!

Really appreciate your help - thanks again. JackAttack if you have this issue follow Hamish's instructions. For more info on _ss_environment.php check out this document http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=environment-management

Cheers
Anthony